Who are you in that tiny sacred space called "me"? We love our children, yes. But there is a small, often ignored space beyond ourselves as mothers that our souls (and sanity) need us to rediscover, share, and celebrate. This blog is an honest place for us to connect with each other on levels beyond mom - we are dreamers, writers, artists, builders, teachers, athletes, photographers, and so, so much more. So I challenge you to dig up, discover, and share what lives in your space beyond mom. Email your story and pictures to beyondmomsblog@gmail.com.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Beyond being a mom, I am...

Are you wondering what you might want to submit? Not sure where to start? Think you don't have anything worth saying? Yeah, yeah, yeah. Gotcha. Believe me, I have been there. I was there. Still am there - chipping my way out of insecurity with a nervous pen and, well, a couple blogs.


So, let's just first establish this, shall we?


You, yes you, absolutely have something important to say. You have a story, a secret, that only you know - so only you can tell it. And if you can believe it, there's other moms who actually want to hear it, know it, cry with you about it, celebrate and dance with you about it. Seriously. Sounds crazy but it's true.


Okay, now that we're on the same page, here's a blip of inspiration to get those 'ole introspective wheels a-turnin' (maybe it's been a while?)


Ready?
Okay quick.


Don't think too hard just go.


How would you complete this sentence? Beyond being a mom, I am...


In the comment box below, write whatever bubbles to the surface first.








[see...that wasn't so bad, was it?]

1 comment:

  1. I am an inspiration-seeker!

    And a long-winded writer...but believe it or not, I'm going to end this here so that I can work up a posting :)

    On a side note, love love LOVE the idea behind this blog! You've done an awesome job putting it together, and I can't wait to watch it grow. Thank you for continuing to be such an amazing INSPIRATION :)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete