Who are you in that tiny sacred space called "me"? We love our children, yes. But there is a small, often ignored space beyond ourselves as mothers that our souls (and sanity) need us to rediscover, share, and celebrate. This blog is an honest place for us to connect with each other on levels beyond mom - we are dreamers, writers, artists, builders, teachers, athletes, photographers, and so, so much more. So I challenge you to dig up, discover, and share what lives in your space beyond mom. Email your story and pictures to beyondmomsblog@gmail.com.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Cherryl's Story...

{ I am thankful to my mom for sharing her story, which I have posted below.  To add the story behind her story - through my eyes, my mom is an angel, always giving, always giving. She and my dad, after going through some of the most devastating life events you could experience as a woman and as  parents, they made the decision to love again, and to adopt my brother and I in 1983 when I was 2 and my brother, Brian, was 4. We were two orphans from South Korea, abandoned on the streets and found by the police. To my mom (and dad as well), we were the children she was always meant to have, given to her by God and an unknown woman who gave away what she was never meant to keep.  My mom gave us a home, a family, and the blessing of unconditional love. Not until recently--after much searching, and after I became  a mother myself--could I wrap my heart around the bigness of what she did and who she is. I do not know where a woman gains the strength to sacrifice what it takes to adopt a child, let alone two, from literally, the other side of the world, and love us without condition. I pray to grow my love, and forgiveness, to the heights my mother has shown to me. }


I am Woman, Hear me Roar! First and foremost I am a woman, after that wife, mother, grandmother, caregiver, builder and homemaker. One says that “ home maker” is a meaningless job, but I don’t think so, imagine how many hats a home maker wears!

{my mom, Cherryl (yes, that's two r's), is the mini-Shirley Temple there on the left } 


My life’s vocation was that of a Radiographic Technologist. Maybe that’s where the caregiver comes in since I have always put other people before me, at least I think so, because by being a wife and mother, care giving is first in your life.



I also love to create things, from good dinners to plants blooming and of course my crafts, which really help me to beat my stress level. The idea of creating something with my own hands leaves me with a feeling of greatness, not God great, but people great.


The greatest accomplishment in my life are my children - to see what they have become is a true joy. First as adults, then partners, and now parents. Life’s full circle is complete. I hope that this gives you a sense of who I am, what I have become, and how I live my life.

{ Joey, Danny, Addy, Me, Brian, Sun, and not in the photo is Cherryl's newest grandson, Ethan }


Cherryl is currently living her story, prodigiously taking care of her husband who recently suffered a back injury, as well as their home and their very loved and spoiled dog, Bailey. The trio reside in MI. 

No comments:

Post a Comment